Thanks to Keytrade Bank’s referral system, it has never been easier to earn €50. For every new referred client, Keytrade gives €50 to both the referred client and the referrer.
- What is Keytrade Bank?
- Isn’t a bank that offers money to its clients a little odd?
- What do I earn? Are there any charges?
- What convinced me
- Count me in! What do I need to do?
- Refer your friends
- Frequently asked questions
What is Keytrade Bank?¶
Keytrade Bank is a Belgian bank founded in 1998 by the founder of Skynet (ex Belgacom), which is now part of the Landbouwkrediet group, one of the leading European banking groups (balance sheet of €1,694 billions and own funds of €74.4 billions).
Isn’t a bank that offers money to its clients a little odd?¶
The main difference between Keytrade Bank and other banks is that their marketing budget isn’t used for commercials. As an example, a 60-second commercial during prime-time on RTL-TVI costs 60,000 euros.
Keytrade Bank uses a way smarter technique by relying on word of mouth, which has a much better conversion rate (they pay less per new client than they would with traditional commercials). How many of the people that saw a TV commercial will open an account the next day? Next to none… However, by investing those 60,000 euros in referral bonuses, they got 1,000 new clients which are really there. If 25% or even 10% of those clients actually use their account, they’ll have an advantage over a commercial on RTL-TVI.
Another thing to keep in mind is that Keytrade Bank only has two agencies, which dramatically reduces their expenses compared to other banks that have agencies everywhere.
What do I earn? Are there any charges?¶
Keytrade offers €50 to any of its new referred customers, without any compensation or fees of any kind associated to it. Like a lot of banks these days, everything is free. There are no opening or closing fees, no conditions and no requirements. My account remained dormant for 10 years receiving only sponsorship premiums, and it did not cause any issues and I have not incurred any costs.
Actually, the only conditions are that you have to be referred by another customer before October 30, 2020. If you sign up via snail mail, the stamp date is what counts.
Moreover, 50 euros is only the beginning. You’ll certainly find 4 or 5 people (or even more) to refer among your friends or family, which will earn you a nice 250 euros. On top of that, the bank gives you 5 cents per operation.
Still not convinced? Here’s a screenshot of my account history:
What convinced me¶
People who know me will agree: I can be a very skeptical person. So, at first, when my friend wanted to refer me, I was pretty skeptical about the offer. However, I did some research and here is what convinced me:
- The fact that I didn’t find anything suspicious after analyzing their terms and conditions
- The fact that a Google search doesn’t lead to any website saying it’s a scam (see for yourself)
- The fact that the bank has existed for 30 years (a scam wouldn’t hold out that long)
- The fact that it’s as efficient as advertising, if not more efficient
- The fact that it wasn’t founded by a John Doe (the founders of Skynet)
In my opinion, they just have a marketing team that had a brilliant idea :-)
Count me in! What do I need to do?¶
What you need to do is relatively simple, especially if you have an eID reader at hand:
- Have your ID card ready
- Click on this link (which is my referral link)
- Verify that the promo code “MM8618789206” has been successfully activated (if the code isn’t activated, you won’t receive the €50 bonus)
- Click on “Open an account an receive € 50” and complete the form
- If you have an eID reader, use it to open your account directly without having to send anything by post.
If you do not have an eID reader¶
- Fill in the form, then either print the completed form or have it mailed to your home
- Sign the form
- Make a copy of your identity card
- If your address isn’t mentioned on your ID, attach a proof of your residence (a label from your health insurance company, a recent bill, or a document delivered by your local authority)
- Put all this in an envelope and write the exact address that was emailed to you. You do not need to use a stamp (provided you’re sending it from Belgium).
- You can also go to the agency directly, which you can find at 100 Vorstlaan/Boulevard du Souverain, 1170 Brussels.
Once this is done, you’ll receive three letters: one with your username, another one with your passwords and a last one containing your Keytrade ID, which is a small keychain that generates a code that allows you to login securely.
All this generally arrives less than a week after you posted your letter (two or three days after you received the e-mail notifying you your request was accepted). I got all three of them in one time, but I have friends who received their login and password one day and the Keytrade ID the next day.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments, through the chat module in the bottom left or ask Keytrade Bank directly by calling them at the number +32(0)2/679 90 00 or directly on Skype (id: keytradebank.com, click to call).
Refer your friends¶
Once you have your own account, you can start referring your friends. For each friend you refer, you and your friend will each earn €50. Don’t wait for too long, it ends on October 30, 2022. This promotion is however frequently renewed.
To get your referral link, log into your account and click on the promotions banner on the page with your accounts. If you have an ad-blocker installed, you might need to deactivate it to see the banner. You will then see multiple options to get or share your referral link. In my case, the referral link is:
Frequently asked questions¶
This section is updated frequently based on the questions people ask me. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments or through the contact form.
When will I receive my money?¶
Your welcome bonus is available immediately after opening your account. Referral bonuses are paid every Friday according to what they say. However, since the last action, it seems they also credit them on Tuesdays.
Can I do what I want with the money I receive?¶
Yes, absolutely, you may do as you please with the money. Examples include transferring it to another account, using it to buy things online or withdrawing it at an ATM.
How much money have you earned through Keytrade Bank?¶
I have currently referred 35 new clients, netting me €1,180, including my €30 welcome bonus.